Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cranberry Bliss Bars

A Little Slice of Heaven
 
Wow! It has been so long since I have written a blog post. My life has been filled with adventure the past few months. I have been moving around with my husband while he completed his training for the Navy. I went from Florida to Virginia and then to California. East coast to West coast! While moving around I have been staying in hotels and as you can guess it isn't really the best location to continue blogging.
The navy has provided us so many experiences that I wouldn't ever take back. Many of you have a bucket list, right? We have done so many things in the past few months that I have been able to cross off my bucket list at only 20 years old! A few things my husband and I did were visit some well known bakeries, visit Washington D.C. , and the biggest thing for me was having the opportunity to go New York!
 
Anyways, its blogging time!
The recipe I am featuring today are Cranberry Bliss Bars! My fantabulous sister mentioned this recipe to me and I knew right away I needed to make these. She decided to make these delicious bars herself yesterday with her adorable son. She wrote her own blog post about her baking experience with her little one! You can read it on her photog blog here:
 
  
 
You will need:
Bars
3/4 cups salted butter
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cup flour1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
6 oz white chocolate
 
Frosting
1 package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar ( sifted )
6 oz melted white chocolate
1/2 cup dried cranberries
 
Let's start making these little slices of heaven!
Like most baking recipes you have to put together the wet and dry ingredients separately.
We will start with the wet ingredients first. Cube up the butter and melt it like you've never melted before.
 
 

 Now add the heavenly, delicious brown sugar. Mix it all up. Make sure to transfer the mixture to a larger bowl because you will be adding the dry ingredients in later.
 
 
Another reason we transferred the wet ingredients was for it to cool down so we can add eggs and vanilla, beat the eggs and vanilla in.
 
 
Mike ,Mike, Mike what time is it?! Dry ingredients time! Sorry I had to! ;)
 
 
Let's throw it all in the bowl! Well actually its not a good idea to THROW the ingredients instead lets gently place them in the bowl. I'm good enough at making a mess already!
 
 
Whisk it all together!
 
 
 
 
Now gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and when I say gradually I mean GRADUALLY! This batter is somewhat thick. I'm sure we have all been through that moment where you accidentally put too much flour or use too high of a speed and you have flour all over you and the kitchen! Not fun to clean up! lol

 
 
 
Stir in the craisins and white chocolate!
 
 
 
Now spread out the batter in a greased 9 x 13 baking sheet. Bake them at 350 degrees for about 2o minutes!
 
 
Let's start making the most perfect frosting I have had in a long time! Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Then, beat in the melted white chocolate. Yummm!!
 
 
So I really only took this picture to show you just how much of a mess a make while baking! LOL
 
 
Oh hey look the bars are done cooking now! Let them cool down. They've been breaking a sweat in the oven. :P
 
 
Frost the bars and put the goodies on top! Cranberries and white chocolate!
I just couldn't get over the beautiful colors! A little bit of Christmas.
 
 
Cut into triangles and enjoy these amazing cranberry bliss bars! <3
I had one too many they are so addicting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment